Altered Statement specializes in unique one of a kind
hand dyed hemp fabrics and clothing.

Who knew Hemp could be so comfortable, beautiful, and sustainable!

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Local Trunk Show coming soon....


So I had this brilliant idea to look up on craig's list for a trunk, so that I could get in to the whole idea of local trunk shows. My plan is to approach Cafe Delirium in downtown Gresham to host a trunk show for me. I would send out invitations to local shops or people that might be interested in our clothing. I'm not exactly sure what that will all look like, but my searching craig's list paid off with a beautiful antique trunk!




We don't know much about it, except it has a marking of The Chicago Trunk & Bag Co. and DreadNaught. There is little actual damage, which seems more surface and only on one side. All in all I'd say it's in pretty good condition for being around 90+ years old.
It's not *mint* but I think it's well worth the $55 I paid. It's a brute, and I'm not sure how I'm going to transport it if I choose to use it at a trunk show. I thought it was a brilliant idea at the time, and well worth it, even if it doesn't get used for it's intended use. What shall I do with it.....




So join the mailing list on our website www.alteredstatement.com
to receive email notices on when new items are posted to the website, up and coming local events, and mailinglist only discounts.


Altered Statement Trunk Shows coming soon....

No comments: