Altered Statement specializes in unique one of a kind
hand dyed hemp fabrics and clothing.

Who knew Hemp could be so comfortable, beautiful, and sustainable!

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Inspiration in a cup o' joe





I was inspired to do a coffee themed skirt ever since seeing the latta art of Tabasco so when this beautiful ecru/brazil nut mariande and light brazil nut muslin came through Ian's dye rotations I snagged it and paired it with a dark brazil nut jersey.

I did a google image search for latta art and was inspired by this picture:
(sorry, no direct link).
With the fabrics I had available and Ian's help in drawing the applique I created this:







As always the skirt is much better in person than pictures, there's much more detail and richness to the colors and designs. Over all I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, although I might have done the applique a bit different and I think it's missing a pocket.
For better pictures or to purchase click here

I'm not sure if this does it for me... satisfies my need to create my vision of coffee wearable art. I might need to try again...

No comments: